We are extremely proud to announce that our own Tony Burger is being inducted into the Georgia State University Risk Management Foundation Hall of Fame.
Tony has had a long and distinguished career in insurance and risk management since graduating from Georgia State in 1971. His experience includes state regulatory responsibilities with the Georgia Insurance Department, insurance company underwriting management with Continental Insurance Company and Amica Mutual Insurance Company. Tony joined Pritchard & Jerden in April 1977.
- Tony has served our industry in many leadership positions including:
- President – Atlanta Chapter, CPCU Society
- National Director – CPCU Society
- Chairman – International Insurance Section – CPCU Society
- Member and Trustee of Executive Committee – Georgia State University Foundation Board
- President – Georgia State University National Alumni Association
- President – Georgia State University Risk Management & Insurance Alumni Club
- Trustee – Georgia State University Athletic Board
Currently Tony is a Member and Trustee of the Executive Committee for The Institutes. He is also an instructor for IIAG in their Accredited Advisor in Insurance program.
Tony’s induction into the GSU – RMF Hall of Fame recognizes the significant impact he has had in risk management and the insurance industry.
It has been a privilege to work with Tony and have him as a partner and friend.
GSU Risk Management Foundation
Georgia State University Risk Management Foundation (RMF), formerly Educational Foundation Inc., is a tax exempt, public foundation, which was organized in 1959 with the approval of the administration of Georgia State University and the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia to:
- Provide the business services community with a vehicle for raising funds to support RMI department programs
- Assist in recruitment and retention of top faculty
- Provide financial awards to deserving students
- Promote and support important faculty research
To learn more about GSU’s Risk Management Foundation and the Riskies, visit http://rmi.robinson.gsu.edu/riskies/